- no more anxiety
- clear skin
Do you believe that there is anything men can do to aid feminism despite not being able to be feminists themselves?
Oh, there’s plenty men can do! Unfortunately (for men), none of that gets you the hero status and women fawning over you that most men seem to be after when they decide to engage in feminist causes. Some things that men can do to help are:
- Confront other men in male-dominated spaces when they display sexist behavior (even if there’s no woman looking).
- Do not watch porn or participate in the sex industry in any way. Tell your male friends to do the same.
- Donate money to institutions dedicated to helping women.
- Listen to women and believe them without questioning or playing devil’s advocate when they talk about their experiences.
- Use your privileged voice to create opportunities for women. For example, you can recommend a female coworker for a promotion to your boss, or make sure he pays attention to her work. Women are often invisible or ignored.
- Understand the importance of female-only spaces and protect those spaces. Do not try to invade them and do not let other men do the same.
- Do not let the women in your life do more than their share of housework. Clean your stuff, wash your dishes, change your kid’s diapers, cook your food, and do all of that without being asked to or expecting special praise.
- Respect women’s boundaries and spaces. Do not take more than your share of a seat on a bus or a train, for example, and do not push women around verbally. Women are socialized to be accomodating and will often not enforce their own boundaries for fear of male violence, even if they’re terribly uncomfortable, so you have to recognize this discomfort and back off.
- Do not judge a woman for her appearance. Avoid commenting on it, and never compare her to another woman. If you want to praise a woman, prefer to focus on her intelligence or skills.
- Work to dismantle male supremacy from the inside. Combat your own male socialization, your own entitlement and your own tendency to violence and aggression. Question everything that’s gendered. And do not become defensive or try to justify yourself when a woman calls you out on your male-dominant behavior. Do not use tired cliches like “not all men are like that!” or “but I’m a nice guy!”. Instead, examine your behavior and try to understand why you’re being called out.
- And more important of all, do all of the above without expecting any special reward! Your reward is to be participating in creating a better world that’s fair for everybody. You don’t get to be a “special” man, you don’t get free passes for anything, you don’t get to stand out for being decent. If you feel you deserve anything extra for being a decent human being, that’s your male entitlement at work. Afterall, if you’re helping women to make yourself look good, you are not helping at all.
Hope the info’s useful!
The porn industry focuses on their bottom line because they know that they can take advantage of women like me. They know that there’s a high turnover rate, and that they’re breaking the law when they deny women like me the cheapest workplace barrier protection in existence—a condom.
They do all this because they don’t have to pay for the health care of people like me, which is half a million dollars of HIV medication alone over my lifetime. Instead, these health care costs end up getting paid for by taxpayers—while porn producers laugh their way to the bank."
L0031936 Credit: Wellcome Library, London
Intersex Society of North America
www.isna.org PO Box 3070 MI 48106-3070
‘Phall-O-meter’ (Showing in actual scale current
medical standards employed to determine nature of
genital plastic surgery for children born with
mixed sex anatomy)
In copyright ?
Collection: Wellcome Images
please reblog the fuck out of this
What in the actual fuck.
WHAT THE FUCK
… what the— is this legit!?
Yeah it is. The phrase “three standard deviations below the mean” is the common reason for removing a male fallus and assigning the baby a female gender.
If you think about it, this actually sums up, pretty well, our society.
It physically hurt my stomach to see this.
Same >_< I’ve reblogged this before but it needs more publicity so I’m doing it again.
Unfortunately, this is nothing new and is still used today. ~Mod A
Unacceptable, surgery required. The way you naturally occurred is just….completely unacceptable.
What dystopian hell is this??
Oct. 21 5:33 pm
- Shaun King exposes timeline of abuse and intimidation by police (storify)
- Activists smell publicity stunt as State Senator Jamilah Nasheed is arrested during protests (storify)
- Police say Sen. Nasheed had handgun on her and was suspected of being drunk at time of arrest
- Ferguson protesters shut down CNN coverage last night due to biased reports (video)
- Divided Ferguson awaits grand jury decision on Mike Brown killing
- Mike Brown’s aunt speaks out in response to NY Times article that reports Darren Wilson “feared for his life”. Says Wilson will “feel the wrath of God’s vengeance”
- Cornel West discusses his arrest in Ferguson
IF YOU HIT “X+C” IT SHUTS OFF EVERY GIF ON YOUR DASH
EVERY SINGLE ONE TURNS TO A LITTLE GREY BOX WITH A LOCK
TUMBLR HAS MADE ITSELF SAFE FOR EPILEPTICS
PASS IT ON
I BRING FORTH THIS KNOWLEDGE TO ANY FELLOW TUMBLRITES/SEIZURE-PRONE PEOPLE THAT MAY FOLLOW ME
KINDLY THANK THE OP FOR THIS KNOWLEDGE
I AM A HUMBLE MESSENGER
oh i thought this would be useful for when your parents walk by but ok
So parskis brought to my attention this conversation going on about the Steve McQueen HBO series auditions and the casting of a very lightskinned Australian in the lead role on karnythia's twitter. Those of you who were following me like two months ago when the open call went down know I was there that day.
I was in line for several hours and didn’t even get within a block of the door, but there were people who were there for twelve hours or more. Sometime before I had to leave for work, one of the dudes next to me in line started getting updates from a friend of his who was inside. He had been there since 8 AM and had just gotten inside. He told his friend that they were sending all but the prettiest darkskinned dudes home and aside from those prettiest dudes, the only people seeing the casting directors were lightskinned.
It’s fucked up that this is accepted practice in the industry and it’s fucked up that our own filmmakers, once they’ve made it, are perpetuating it.
wow, what the fuck
Not at ALL surprised.
Just like Ava Duvernay got a Black Brit playing Dr. King.
Couldn’t find a Black American actor for nothin.
Why do you hate men so much?